Terms and conditions
1. Information on how to enter and the prize form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Subject to clause 3, entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over who:
a) have an account directly with the Promoter as at the time of entry;
b) have an LPG gas bottle which they use for their household gas supply
For the sake of clarity, customers whose accounts are managed by Origin's authorised dealers will be ineligible.
Business customers are not eligible to enter.
3. Employees and contractors (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
4. Promotion commences on 12/02/2020 and ends at 11.59pm AEDST on 31/03/2020 (“Promotional Period”).
5. To receive an automatic entry into the promotion, Eligible Entrants must, during the Promotional Period, complete the following steps:
- Visit www.origin.com.au/lpgebill and sign up for e billing.
6. One (1) entry will be awarded when the account details are updated in accordance with clause 5 above, updating details over the phone are not eligible for competition entry.
7. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any person (and or business, as applicable) who makes an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
8. Incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
9. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an Eligible Entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the Eligible Entrant.
10. The draw will take place at Origin Energy, Level 14, 321 Exhibition St, Melbourne VIC 3000 on 06/04/2020 at 3pm AEST. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn.
11. The winner will be notified within two (2) business days of the draw by telephone and in writing which will include email. The winner’s name will be published at www.origin.com.au/lpgterms from 20/4/2020.
12. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. The first valid entry drawn will win a trip for two (2) adults to Hamilton Island, Queensland valued at $5,000 depending on date and point of departure. Prize includes:
· Two (2) x return economy airfares from the winner’s nearest capital city to Hamilton Island, Queensland; and
· 5 nights’ twin share 4-star accommodation (subject to travel dates, see clause 14 below).
Spending money, meals, insurance, transport to and from departure point, transfers, items of a personal nature, in-room charges and all other ancillary costs are not included. Prize must be taken by 31 December 2020 and is subject to booking and flight availability. The winner and his/her companion are responsible for ensuring that they have valid passports, and any requisite visas, vaccinations and travel documentation. The winner and his/her companion must depart from and return to the same departure point and travel together. Frequent flyer points will not form part of the prize.
14. Prize inclusions (two (2) x return economy airfares and five (5) nights’ accommodation) are valid when booked in off-peak periods only. Should the winner wish to book the prize in peak season, the number of nights included will be dependent on current airfare and accommodation prices (to the value of $5,000) and may be less than five (5) nights. Any variations will be approved at the Promoter’s discretion.
15. Itinerary to be determined by the Promoter in agreement with a/the winner but in the event that agreement cannot be reached, the Promoter reserves the right to determine the itinerary. The winner may be required to present their credit card at time of accommodation check in.
16. Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers.
17. Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason the winner does not take the prize (or an element of the prize) by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
18. If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
19. Total prize pool value is up to AU$5,000.
20. Prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
21. A draw for the prize, if unclaimed, may take place on 14/8/2020 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. The winner, if any, will be notified within two (2) business days of the draw by phone and in writing which includes email. The winner’s name will be published at www.origin.com.au/lpgterms from 28/8/2020.
22. Eligible Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products and services manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
23. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any Eligible Entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
24. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the Eligible Entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
25. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an Eligible Entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted/made by that Eligible Entrant invalid.
26. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
27. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or Eligible Entrant; or (f) use and/or taking of the prize.
28. As a condition of accepting the prize, the winner (and his/her companion) must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
30. The Promoter is Origin Energy Retail Limited (ABN 22 078 868 425) of Level 14, 321 Exhibition Street, Melbourne VIC 3000, telephone (03) 8665 7847.
NSW Permit No. LTPS/20/42027 ACT Permit No. TP20/00184